The Bauer Nexus 400 Ice Skates represent an upper-entry-level skate and feature design elements aimed at advancing players. The quarter package is comprised of a variable stiffness compression, molded-EVA sport nylon – which means it has plenty of ankle support to keep your feet from “bowing” out while skating, but because it’s variable, it has enough give to allow a good range of motion.
A hydrophobic, microfiber liner keeps germs at bay. While the patented heel/ankle support cup locks your foot in place to reduce energy loss per stride, Anaform foams wrap the ankle compartment and, over time, will shape to your unique foot/ankle. Tongue construction consists of an antomical 40-ounce white felt along with metatarsal guard for added protection.
Form-Fit footbeds with stabilizing grip further reduce foot movement within the boot. A lightweight Pro-eight outsole and Tuuk Lightspeed Pro stainless runner connect foot to ice and round out a relatively affordable and lively package.
- Quarter Package: Variable stiffness Compression molded EVA with sport nylon.
- Lining Material: Hydrophobic microfiber.
- Heel Support: Patented integrated, anatomical heel/ankle support.
- Ankle Padding: Anaform foam ankle pads.
- Tongue Construction: Anatomical 40 oz. 2-piece felt with molded metatarsal guard.
- Footbed: FORM-FIT with stabilizer grip.
- Outsole: Lightweight, Pro-8 beveled TPU.
- Blade Holder and Runner: TUUK Lightspeed Pro with super stainless steel runner.